Goals and Objectives
In February 6, 2017 a new program agreement was signed between the Ministry of Human Capacity of Hungary and the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia to support the Stipendium Hungaricum for 2017-2020.
The Scholarship Program for Hungarian Students and Researchers 2019 (hereinafter, the Program) offers up to ten scholarships to citizens of Hungary, who wish to study or conduct researches at the selected Georgian universities. The Program is administered by the LEPL International Education Center, Georgia and the Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
In 2019 applicants from Hungary can apply for long and short-term courses, offered by the following Georgian higher education institutions – Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University and Shota Rustaveli Batumi State University
Course offerings display university providers, chief components, timeframes and other details of each course/program. Applicants can select courses/programs from the list below. Questions related to specific courses/programs should be addressed to respective lecturers or program coordinators.
Applicants may also apply for an independent short or long-term study or research projects. In this case, it is within the sole responsibility of an applicant to contact relevant department of Georgian university in order to tailor individual study or research program for the applicant.
Courses Offered by Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University:
1. Ancient History and Archaeology of Georgia - Prof. Vakhtang Licheli (e-mail:email@example.com) Date: Beginning of September
2. Ethnography of Caucasus - Prof. Ketevan Khutsishvili (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) Date: Beginning of September
3. Ethnography of Georgia - Prof. Ketevan Khutsishvili (e-mail: email@example.com) Date: Beginning of September
4. Politics of South Caucasian States after the dissolution of the USSR - Prof. Pikria Asanishvili (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) Date: Beginning of August
5. National Identity in South Caucasian countries and relations with European Union- Prof. Pikria Aanishvili (e-mail: email@example.com) Date: Beginning of August
6. International Organizations in South Caucasus - Prof. Pikria Asanishvili (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) Date: Beginning of August
7. Regional European Neighborhood Policy - Prof. Mikheil Shavtvaladze (e-mail: email@example.com)
8. Regional Conflicts and Security in the South Caucasus- Prof. Mikheil Shavtvaladze (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) Date: Beginning of August
Shota Rustaveli Batumi State University
1. Summer School Digital Humanities – E-documents of Language and
Culture Coordinator: Ramaz Khalvashi; e-mail: email@example.com
Date: End of August, 2019
Application procedure and timeline
Application opens on 15th of April, 2019 and closes on 15th of June, at 19:00 Central European Time (21:00 Georgian time).
Applicants have to register and upload all required documents in the electronic portal of the LEPL International Education Center on the following link https://app.iec.gov.ge/en/ When registering, an applicant has to untick the box “Citizen of Georgia”.
The electronic application system enables applicants to save data for next session and to edit applications before the deadline. After editing, application has to be sent again. No editing is allowed after the deadline.
All required documents must be uploaded. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Requirements and documents to be submitted
Candidates must be adult citizens of Hungary and should either hold or currently be studying for BA, MA, or PHD degree.
b) Copy of Passport;
d) Candidates who have earned their BA, MA, PhD degree: Copy of Diploma and Academic Transcript;
e) Candidates who are currently studying towards their BA, MA or PhD degrees: Statement of Student Status and Academic Transcript;
f) Certificate of Work Experience;
g) One Reference submitted by a Referee though Online Reference System (Please, note that an applicant will not be able to submit an application, until a referee sends a reference letter); h) Statement of Purpose;
i) English Language Certificate;
j) Certificates, Publications (not compulsory)
All documents have to be submitted electronically. No hardcopies are allowed. Documents executed in foreign language other than Georgian or English, should be presented with notarized Georgian or English translations.
Selection criteria and selection board
Scholarship award decisions are taken by selection boards of respective Georgian universities.
Selection process embraces two stages:
First – Formal check of applications against eligibility criteria by the International Education Center. Incomplete applications are rejected. The International Education Center may ask to clarify submitted documents. Applications meeting formal requirements are submitted to relevant Georgian universities by the International Education Center. Second –Interview conducted Georgian universities. Applicants outside of Georgia will be interviewed via skype or other technical arrangement.
The scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and covers tuition fee waivers, 800 GEL and medical insurance.
Questions with regard to the scholarship program should be directed to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org