Goals and Objectives
In July 6, 2020 a new program agreement was signed between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary and the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia to support the Stipendium Hungaricum for 2021-2023.
The Scholarship Program for Hungarian Students and Researchers 2022 (hereinafter, the Program) offers up to ten scholarships to citizens of Hungary, who wish to study or conduct researches at the selected Georgian universities. The Program is administered by the LEPL International Education Center, Georgia and the Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
Applicants can select courses/programs from the list below. Questions related to specific courses/programs should be addressed to respective lecturers or program coordinators.
Applicants may also apply for an independent short or long-term study or research projects. In this case, it is within the sole responsibility of an applicant to contact relevant department of Georgian university in order to tailor individual study or research program for the applicant.
LEPL - Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University https://tsu.ge/en
- - Ancient History and Archaeology of Georgia
- - Ethnography of Caucasus
- - Ethnography of Georgia
- - Anthropology of Post-socialist Societies: Tolerance and Diversity
- - Politics of South Caucasian States after the Dissolution of the USSR
- - National Identity in South Caucasian Countries and Relations with European Union
- - International Organizations in South Caucasus
- - Regional European Neighborhood Policy
- - Regional Conflicts and Security in the South Caucasus
LEPL - Tbilisi State Medical University https://tsmu.edu/ts/home
- - Medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical medicine and rehabilitation.
LEPL - Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University https://www.bsu.edu.ge/?lang=en
- “Batumi XI International School of Digital Humanities: Linguacultural Portrait of Adjara”
- “School of Foreign Language in Rural Areas» - in Adjara Mountains, in particular in Khulo Municipality
(The specific deadlines for the implementation of summer schools will be determined later).
The contestant has the right to choose three programs. If successful in more than one programme, the applicant will only be eligible for one program.
The expected duration of the program may be determined/adjusted by the University, which will be notified to the participant within a reasonable period of time.
The winner of the competition will be considered as a candidate for the grant and the execution of the grant will depend on the rules to be applied in Georgia during the relevant period, taking into account the prevention of the proliferation of the new coronavirus (COVID 19) and the declared pandemic in that regard.
Application procedure and timeline
Application opens on 16th of May, 2022 and closes on 30 of June, at 19:00 Central European Time (21:00 Georgian time).
Applicants have to register and upload all required documents in the electronic portal of the LEPL International Education Center on the following link https://app.iec.gov.ge/en/ When registering, an applicant has to untick the box “Citizen of Georgia”.
The electronic application system enables applicants to save data for next session and to edit applications before the deadline. After editing, application has to be sent again. No editing is allowed after the deadline.
All required documents must be uploaded. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Requirements and documents to be submitted
Candidates must be adult citizens of Hungary and should either hold or currently be studying for BA, MA, or PHD degree.
- Copy of Passport;
- Candidates who have earned their BA, MA, PhD degree: Copy of Diploma and Academic Transcript;
- Candidates who are currently studying towards their BA, MA or PhD degrees: Statement of Student Status and Academic Transcript;
- Scanned copy of the original proof of (English) language proficiency, or a document proving that the applicant completed a program in English at any academic level for at least one semester.
- One Reference submitted by a Referee though Online Reference System (Please, note that an applicant will not be able to submit an application, until a referee sends a reference letter);
- Statement of Purpose;
- Certificate of Work Experience; (not compulsory)
- Certificates, Publications (not compulsory)
All documents have to be submitted electronically in English. No hardcopies are allowed. Documents executed in foreign language other than Georgian or English, should be presented with official Georgian or English translations.
Selection criteria and selection board
Scholarship award decisions are taken by selection boards of respective Georgian universities.
Selection process embraces two stages:
First – Formal check of applications against eligibility criteria by the International Education Center. Incomplete applications are rejected. The International Education Center may ask to clarify submitted documents. Applications meeting formal requirements are submitted to relevant Georgian universities by the International Education Center.
Second –Interview conducted Georgian universities. Applicants outside of Georgia will be interviewed via skype or other technical arrangement.
The scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia and covers tuition fee waivers, 800 GEL and medical insurance.
Questions with regard to the scholarship program should be directed to the following e-mail: email@example.com