On August 5, 2019, a grant agreement was signed between LEPL - International Center for Education and the its Alumni Association, according to which the center provided the Association with a sum of 150,000 GEL for a small grant program.
Under the agreement, the association announced a small grant competition aimed at promoting the implementation of youth, community and academic-educational projects by the members of the International Education Center Alumni Association.
Individuals who were awarded scholarship by International Education Center to pursue studies abroad and became the members of the International Education Center Alumni Association were eligible to apply for the small grants lead and implement projects for regional development, promoting innovation, education, arts and creative industries, healthcare, conflicts resolution and environmental sustainability.
The maximum amount of the grant is 25,000 GEL for each project in the case of co-financing and 15,000 GEL without co-financing. The duration of the project should not exceed 12 months. The competition commission identified 8 winning projects that will be financed by International Center Alumni Small Grants program. These projects are:
1. "Development of Innovative Material for the Conservation of Unique Technology, Plasterboard, Mural Painting", Project Author: Mariam Sagaradze;
2. "Analysis of the economic impact of the development of local energy resources and its role in energy security", author of the project: Avtandil Todua;
3. "Lile" - a prototype of a computer game", author of the project: Luka Lebanidze;
4. "Integrated Management of Water Resources in the Rioni River Basin", project author: Zaza Gulashvili;
5. "Multimedia Exhibition and Educational Project Post.Digital.Dreams", author of the project: Khatia Chokhonelidze;
6. "Archive of Contemporary Art - Database of Scientific Research Papers", project author: Nikoloz Nadirashvili;
7. "Increasing students’ capacities for their engagement in quality assurance at Tbilisi State University", project authors: Nino Iakobishvili, Lali Giorgidze.
8. "IECA Consulting Program Alumni Counseling Program of the International Education Center", project author: Giorgi Tsimintia;