LEPL International Education Center
Use your knowledge. Benefit your country!
The International Education Center was founded in 2014 and from 2014-2018 it has given 650 study grants to Georgian citizens desiring to study abroad. A portion of them has already concluded their foreign studies, returned to Georgia, and will continue to realize this acquired knowledge in their own country.
The Center’s goal, when taking into account the priorities of state development, is to prepare personnel having skills and knowledge corresponding to international standards. After the conclusion of state financed studies, graduates of masters, doctoral, and foreign qualification enhancement programs return to Georgia and continue working in the corresponding sphere for the three years period. Scholarships are awarded through a competition observing the principles of fairness, competitiveness, and transparency.
Procedure for Participation in Competition
- In order to participate in the Center’s programs, applicants fill out an e-application. The selection committee makes the decisions regarding the financing of applicants. The evaluation of each applicant is carried out independently by committee members according to previously established criteria. Each application is evaluated individually by committee members through an electronic system.
The International Education Center Conducts the Following Programs:
International Masters Scholarship Programs
- the aim of the program is to facilitate access of the citizens of Georgia, holders of neutral ID cards or neutral travel documents to masters’ programs offered by higher education institution abroad.
International Doctoral Scholarship Programs
- the aim of the program is to educate professionals to respond to the needs of labor market and country’s socio-economic development and to facilitate their integration in relevant areas/institutions. The program also strives to integrate the IEC alumni in higher education sphere to foster development of the latter.
Foreign Qualification Enhancement Program
- Georgian citizens in possession of a neutral ID and/or travel document who are employed at a state (financial) institution can acquire financial assistance through the grant program competition and enhance their qualifications abroad in a program corresponding to the tasks of the position held.
French Master’s Programs
- The financing of study by the Center in appropriate Master’s programs having a prioritized, educational program course at institutes of higher education in France through a competition is implied. French Master’s Programs represent a joint grant program by the International Education Center and the Government of France.
International Academic Programs of the Arts
- The financing of study in Master’s and doctoral programs having an appropriate, prioritized, educational program course for Georgian citizens through a competition.
The Arts Program was announced by the International Education Center through the collaboration of the Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program
- The acting partners of the program are the TEMPUS Public Foundation of Hungary and the International Education Center of Georgia.
The program aims to finance students from Georgia at institutes of higher education in Hungary (universities and schools) in order for them to continue studies in academic programs for Bachelors, Masters, integrated five-year Masters, and doctoral degrees in the following disciplines: STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), biological sciences, medicine, sports, and the arts.
Scholarship for Hungarian Students and Researchers
- An educational exchange program was signed for the years 2017-2020 on February 6, 2017 between the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and the Ministry of Human Capacity of Hungary. This program foresees the financing of 10 Hungarian citizens by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia having the aim of participating in studies in Masters or doctoral, including those in English, programs/courses with a full or partial course load, as well as in summer schools and research projects.
The grant recipients will be taken care of by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia: a free year of study, medical insurance, and a grant in the amount of 800 GEL.
Fulbright Graduate Student Program
- The Fulbright Grant is one of the most prestigious grants from the US government. The selection of candidates for the Fulbright Masters Grant Program is conducted by the US Embassy in Georgia, the International Education Center, and the Bank of Georgia.
Small Scale Alumni Grants Program
- for grant recipients of the Center having the goal of assisting graduates of the Center’s grant programs with using intellectual resources in the country’s state, public, educational, scientific, cultural, economic, and social development.
The International Education Center brings together the international grant programs and small grant programs for graduates in the University Support Program.
The new strategic course of the International Education Center will facilitate the internationalization of higher education in Georgia, and accordingly, integrate the country into the international educational realm.